There is no exaggeration in saying that St. Mark church, in Jersey City, to North America Coptic Churches is as the church of Jerusalem in the apostolic era, the mother church. God has used St. Mark church, in Jersey City, since its establishment in 1970, to bless many in North America in several ways:
- God empowered Late Very Reverend Fr. Gabriel Abdel-Sayed, the first ordained priest of St Mark Church, to visit many states, serving the communities, praying liturgies and planting seeds for churches and dioceses that would be established in these states.
- God has gifted St. Mark church to help thousands of families that have come from Egypt, to achieve a decent standard of living in USA. Many of these families have migrated to other areas and/or states looking for an even better life and have become loving members of many churches.
- God has blessed St. Mark church to raise thousands of young adults who have become successful professionals and remained loyal and loving to the Coptic Church. These loving youth have migrated to other areas and/or states looking for an even better life and have become loving members of many churches.
- Serving hundreds of youth through the campus ministry of the universities close to the church is a major part of the mission of St Mark Church. Many of these youth have been wonderful members and loving to their churches in many areas.
- With technological advances, God has used the church to bless many people all over the states and the world by its live broadcast of its services and broadcasting many spiritual and biblical, prayers, praises programs through Satellite TV, IPTV and online.
To those who have been touched by the blessings of God, it is time to show gratefulness to God’s grace through St. Mark church. Such truth is encouragement to appeal to God, through His loving people, to help St. Mark Church, especially these days.
As many may know, St. Mark Church, with God’s grace, has been working on a project for a new service building. The old buildings, to be removed soon, are deteriorated and are not suitable for the church’s many services. The new building will include Sunday school classes, a fellowship hall, and a multipurpose hall for all the church services and activities. At this point in the project, the church is in need of $2,000,000.00 to proceed.
Originally, it was planned to get loan for the amount of $2,000,000.00 from a bank, but some terms, in the latest contract presented to us, are not reasonable in the light of the church’s current situation and would jeopardize the future of the church.
We believe that the financing of the new building can be easily achieved by the Almighty God through the “cheerful givers” or any other way He sees (Ephesians 3:20; Nehemiah 2:20).
As a humble estimate, when God speaks in the hearts of 400 “cheerful givers”, and each one donates just $5,000.00, the church would collect the $ 2,000,000.00 In this case, the church would build without loan entirely. The glory would be due only to God the Almighty.
We are kindly appealing to all the loving people to remember St. Mark church in its recent needs. Any offering of love of any amount is appreciated. Remember this, a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop (2 Corinthians 9:6, NLT).
This message is intended to be as a personal message as well as special message to all the churches and congregations in North America. May the Almighty God give this message the grace and grant to St. Mark church according to His good hand (Nehemiah 2:8).
Please make your donation payable to:
Coptic Orthodox Church of St. Mark
P.O. Box 4397, Jersey City, NJ 07304